Friday, May 4, 2012

Can She Really Be 7??



Today we are starting the celebration of Lucy's 7th birthday, with a "friend" sleepover.  Girls = drama.  I love the laughter, the giggles, the excitment, but you also get the leaving someone out, not getting my way, and "I don't want to do that" attitude.  Girls.  But I found the trick!  Keep.  Them.  Busy.  After school we had snacks, then McDonalds Play Area, then Kreager Park, then Presents, then Cupcakes, LPS Villages, then Movies & Popcorn...waaa laa - bed time! 

But while on Lucy's field trip today, I sat and thought how much I love watching my daughter interact with her friends.  I see which ones are going to be the leaders, which ones will be the followers, I can see which ones have faith deeply settled in their lives, and which ones come from child centered families.  And I often times find something silently praying for these little ones.  It's hard for me to grasp what the future may hold for them. I pray for their purity, for them to grasp a deep relationship with Christ, I pray that they are good friends to each other, support each other when making good decisions....awww heck, I just pray that we make it through first grade! 

2 comments:

Rebecca Baker-Palmer said...

happy birthday lucy!

and i love/love/LOVE kreager park. it's our favorite place to go! :)

butchers said...

No, she cannot be seven already! That is crazy! But she probably one of the sweetest seven year olds I know ;)