Thursday, March 22, 2012

No Longer A Baby

Tonight my baby lost her first tooth. No tears, no drama...she pulled it on her own. A big difference between Carlie's first tooth and Lucy's. Just yet another trait that defines the two of them. I am just not ready for my baby to have a toothless smile. And I don't think it's the actual tooth missing - I think that is quite cute. It's what comes AFTER that. The big, giant, over sized adult teeth. I am not ready for those. The memory Carlie metamorphosing from little girl teeth to adult teeth - gulp - wasn't very cute. But I don't think I'll fret about it like I did with Carlie, as I know with expensive orthodontia, her smile will once again be beautiful. But tonight, I get to play tooth fairy and wake up to a happy little girl who still believes in Santa and the Tooth Fairy. And I will hold onto that ... as long as I can.

2 comments:

butchers said...

Cute! (and sad) BTW...is that your new furniture in the background?? Love it!

Lacey said...

Awww...so cute! They are growing up TOO fast. I say it all the time, but it's so true...the days go SO slow, but the years are flying by! :(